How do you learn English?
There are many ways to learn English, but I believe it is important for you to find out what works best for you.
Here are a few different methods that will help you!
1. Do not be afraid to make mistakes, people can only correct your mistakes when they hear you make them.
2. Surround yourself in English. Put yourself in an all English-speaking environment where you can learn passively.
3. Practice every day. Make yourself a study plan and establish a routine.
4. Practice the 4 core skills: reading, writing, speaking, and listening. They all need to be worked on for you to improve.
5. You will find words easier to remember if you try to remember an example sentence using that word rather the word on its own.
6. Give yourself a long-term goal. Focus on working towards it.
7. Give yourself short term goals too and reward yourself when you achieve each one.
8. Know what works best for you. Think about what methods have been successful for you.
9. Get help! If you do not understand something you have got to ask someone. Ask your teacher, classmates, or friends for help.
10. Watch DVDs, TV and listen to the radio to improve your listening skills
11. Read graded readers. These books are especially written for your level.
12. Children’s books have easier words and are a good alternative to graded readers.
13. Use English whenever you can. It is as simple as that!
14. The most natural way to learn grammar is through talking.
15. Keep an English diary or journal. Start by writing a few sentences a day and then get into the habit of writing more.
16. Ask support from an English teacher like myself, a good teacher should guide you through the process and change depending on your needs.